Getting started with a career in IT may be easier than you think. We can help you get IT certified. At New Horizons, there is a new tuition financing option through our Climb Credit Program. Climb Credit strives to work with programs that consistently improve graduates’ earning potential and justify the cost of tuition. Climb Credit is proud to offer financing for New Horizons South Florida, and help you pursue life-changing education. The application process is easy, simple and can be done online.
Why Choose a Career in IT?
With the growing demand for qualified IT professionals, job seekers need to continuously find ways to set themselves apart. In a previous post, we discussed the state of the IT job market in South Florida. New Horizons offers a wide selection of vendor-authorized training and certifications from top technology providers – Adobe, Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft and VMware, among others. In fact, we are Microsoft’s largest training provider—delivering more than 40% of all authorized Microsoft training worldwide.
New Horizons Networking Security Professional Program is designed to provide an individual with the computer knowledge and opportunity to prepare them for a career in IT or advance their current career by achieving six industry certifications.
Here are just some of the IT jobs in South Florida that New Horizons has helped place graduates at, including:
- Systems Administrator: A Systems Administrator is first in line to address issues with internet connectivity, email server issues, and other day-to-day computer networking demands within a company or organization.
- IT Manager: An IT Manager oversees and manages the information technology department and IT staff of an organization or company. The IT Department would include the computer network, server or mainframe computer system, data storage, and network security.
- IT Assistant: IT Assistants are the professionals we turn to in the workplace for help when we face problems with computer hardware, software, internet connectivity, and email. They play an important function in the infotech area by offering technological help to IT end-users.
- Network Administrator: Nearly every industry relies on Network Administrators to keep both internet and intranet connectivity functioning properly for the secure and timely transfer of data. As software and hardware technologies continue to evolve at a rapid pace, likewise the demand for expert Network Administrators continues to grow.
- Field Technician: A computer Field Technician provides mobile technical assistance to IT end-users. They must travel to assist in troubleshooting IT problems with computer software and hardware at different locations. These locations may include PC users’ homes, businesses, or other organizations.
- Systems Engineer: A Systems Engineer manages and oversees the various aspects of an IT system or project, which may include design, development, testing, and implementation phases.
For a list of more jobs you can potentially get with an IT certification, visit career services to learn more.
What are the Entrance Requirements for the Network IT Program?
The entrance requirements at New Horizons are proficiency using the Windows environment and general knowledge of hardware and network concepts, but computer knowledge or experience is not required. Talk to one of our advisors today to learn more about our tuition financing options for our certifications and programs.
Are you a Veteran?
Great! The school is also completely veteran-friendly and has unique programs suited for those veterans looking to re-enter the workforce. It is also important to note that veterans, you may be eligible for the 9/11 GI Bill® benefits to help cover tuition costs. Talk to one of our advisors today to learn more about our certifications and programs by visiting: https://military.nhflorida.com/.